As you can tell by the title it has started to get VERY cold here. Well, to me it is super cold. Today is the second day of fall and Florida Christmas weather. Sadly for me..it is only going to go downhill from here as far as the weather goes. There are many teachers here from up north so the weather is pretty normal for them, but I am confused..
ME: Hey Chris, what is the weather going to be like this weekend?
Chris (from MI): It will be nice: sunny and in the 60's probably.
Me: Oh man that is cold! Wait I am confused....how can it be sunny and still that cold??
Yes, it is sunny today and cold (57 degrees F)...ah, I just don't understand the concept. Thankfully, I have an awesome roomie from the Philippines, Esther, so we are probably going to start using the heat this week. lol.
When I woke up this morning we did not have any water....so I had to use the drinking water to brush my teeth (the pipes in our house probably FROZE over b/c it is so cold...i am definately not kidding: it seriously was cold.)..of course the water came from the fridge..it was sooo cold! They only time I had ever done that was during hurricanes and camping out. It's a totally different experience using cold water to brush my teeth...when I am cold. Yikes! How will I survive???? it is only the beginning......of a very cold, long winter.
Today's wardrobe:
two shirts & hoody
Jeans
Scarf
socks & pumas : )...(until i got to school..off with the outside shoes & on with the inside flip flops)
I thought you all should know about the weather....seeing as it is a VERY important part of my life these days...I have had several "surviving the winter" conversations with teachers who were here for winter last year...and I still am not completely convinced I will survive..So, if I suddenly am not blogging too often or you don't get emails it is probably because my fingers are no longerATTACHED to my body due to the REDICULOUSLY CRAZY FREEZINGNESS here...oi vey....
Adios and Peace out!
No comments:
Post a Comment