It is now 12:49AM on Friday, October 2nd. I have recently returned home from my Dad's memorial service in Fort Myers, Florida. I guess I should tell everyone I am back from South Korea. I made is safely and have been living at my mom's house in Lehigh for the past couple months.
Let's just say since I have returned back to the States, I have been flooded with a whirlwind of emotions. I feel as though I have left a piece of me in Korea...and I will never be the same after returning to America. I learned so much from the Eastern side of the world, and I would not trade my year over anything. It has truly been an incredible, and life-changing experience for me.
The culture shock has been quite a challenge to handle...I still do not believe I am adjusted. I am not sure that will ever come though. However, I am getting better! I no longer bow to say hello!Although I do feel weird at times NOT bowing...like I am being disrespectful or something. :)
I guess I should get everyone up to speed on life...I have finally found a church and a job! I am also getting involved with the church and I love it. I will start my new job on Monday doing social work! I am excited for the challenge, but nervous too! Just hoping God will give me the grace to carry on and do the best that I am able too only through Him.
As many of you, or all of you know at this point, my father passed away last Wednesday evening. I was in Georgia and was the last one with him as he went to be with Jesus. There were many tears, but strangely, a peace about it. It has been easier to say "see you later, Dad", than see him suffer through his battle with cancer. He was such a great man. Full of life and a fighter. He never quit, even to the day of his death. He was an encourager, #1 fan, my biggest confidant, and self-less individual. I will miss him dearly. I just need to remind myself where he is...and he is better there than here. God has given me Exodus 33:14 "The Lord replied, " My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest" as a promise during this time. I believe it, and stand on it. God has gone before me, and He has gone before you. There is no situation God will not be there to hold your hand and guide you through. God is love and a faithful father: never changing characteristics regardless of the situations in life.
Please hear my heart regarding the previous paragraph. I am writing not as one who has conquered the trusting God thing, but rather one who struggles with this, questions it, doubts it, but God is still faithful. He is still God. He is the never changing, the beginning and the end. I am writing from my weakness...that God is faithful no matter what. I am writing from my questioning and doubting, that God will still come through and will still Love you, and will always and forever continue His faithfulness towards myself and you, although I and we are not faithful. That is God. He is not human. He is.He is Never Changing: the I AM.
My prayer is that as you read this, if you find yourself in a struggle, a fight, a place of confusion, or a situation which seems hopeless, that you look to your Creator God and turn to Him. He has not left you, He never will turn His back. You must recognize His hand and His presence and His fingerprints in your life. Hold on to those moments when you have felt God in the past to carry you through your "dry" seasons when you might not feel His presence. Stay faithful. God will. Stay fervent. God is there and God does hear you. Continue in your pursuit of Him: to draw near to Him.
God Bless as you travel the road of a God-pursuer and God-lover. Stay faithful.
Kristina
No comments:
Post a Comment