Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Barefoot in Seoul

This past weekend I spent it in Seoul with my friend, Yoon's, uncle and cousins. It was quite the experience!! I loved every second of it. First off, it was raining and my flip flops were slipping on all the roads and stuff so yes, if you know me I just took them off and walked the streets of Seoul barefoot. lol

Ok so while in Seoul...I visited Dr. Chou's church. Its the biggest one in the world. There were 10000 people in the service I attended...there are 10 services a day with all of them packed. The church is amazing and very on fire for God. I loved it. Dr. Chao did not preach though..he actually just retired a few weeks ago. Also in Seoul I bathed with a bucket, slept on the floor, ate on the floor with a small table and tried new things. Yoon's fmaily was so hospitable. I love how they eat so healthy here. It is nice getting used to having watermelon for dessert. I am loving it. Also at their house I began my chopstick using training.lol I can use the wood ones but I am getting better with the metal ones. IT is awesome eating there because everyone eats out of all the same dishes. haha something else that is relaly funny is watching a petite, proper Korean woman eat. They just shove in the food and go for it.lol So different than America. with most of the food here you relaly aren't supposed to take like 2 or 3 bites but eat it all. Oh yeah, and if any of you come over here...lol don't worry about talking with your mouth open.
so some food I have...nothing oto drastic just anchovies, kim chi, and squid. It is all really good. Although, I am not too fond of the really fermented kim chi.

SOmething else that I am not used to is that everyone is the exact same ethnicity. Everyone is Korean. So different not seeing any other foreigners especially being from FL where it is so diverse. I get ALOT of stare being a westerner. lol I just laugh. I was on the subway when two boys sat next to me. They were probably 12 years old. lol They kept staring at me, whispering to each other and giggling. IT was quite hilarious. Then, I asked if they wanted ot play tic tac toe. Yoon explained to them what it was and they were excited to play. When we got off the subway they kept saying bye in english and giggling. BEcause they were so excited to meet westerners I decided to take a picture with them. They giggled again and started talking to each other in Korean. I have posted a picture of them : )

oh and I have good news! I finally learned how to say hello in KOrean!

It is hard not knowing ANY of the language..or even not knowing any of the characters. I am learning how to read though. It is dfinately not as hard as I thought it would be. well, there was a lot more to say but I am going to dinner. I will blog later...and post pictures! talk to you all soon! Love you guys!!!

1 comment:

Trust and Obey...He is good! said...

Can't wait to see your pics with the tic tac toe kids! Love it :)