Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny things happen when....

This afternoon for art, the kids were painting a picture on their backs under the table. They were learning about Michelangelo and how he painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel on his back. I had just finished looking at the boys pictures when I turned to Chloe and Ashley, my students. The other students were from 2nd grade. Well, the boys did pretty good and as I looked the girls were giggling and had their heads turned away from me...I soon found out why. They had definately painted their faces and their hands...lol did i mention that it was acrylic paint? I couldn't help but laugh. They had it allll over them. Not to mention the dirty, paint water had spilled all over the floor. lol Ah, it was funny. I took them to the bathroom and, thank God, it washed off easily. The sad part of the story is that they are definately my students and proved it in art today. That is something I would expect from the boys, but nope, it came from my 1st grade girls. Ah, I love life! haha.

I wish I had my camera...today was the only day I did not bring it with me : (


Teaching ESL has definately opened my eyes and ears to theEnglish language at how much phrases sound like each other at times. After the art class I was teaching Leadership to students who barely know any English. After I said "all of you" one of the boys started giggling and talking in Korean to another student. I wasn't sure what was going on, but he looked at me and said, "Teacher, I love you?". I laughed and told him that was not what I said. I wrote both phrases on theboard and tried to explain what I said but I am unsure if they actually understood...ya gotta love it.

I just thought I would share those stories with y'all. Peace out and Happy Tuesday!

-krissy

1 comment:

Sara! said...

aww that is a cute story!

all of you! :}