Here is the latest on my life in Korea. I am no longer teaching 1st grade. One of my students was pulled out of the school and there is a need to a third grade teacher sooooo that will be me.
This week I have been shadowing and checking out third grade, as well as, changing my first grade classroom into a third grade classroom. I have a lot of small details I need to get done, but will hopefully accomplish them by Monday...which is the first day of teaching 3rd grade for me. I will post photos of the classroom and students eventually. :) Oh, thats another thing I will have 10 students now...quite a difference from 2, but I am excited. I will miss 1st grade, but it will be a neat experience to teach 3rd.
My school is doing the 30 hour famine right now with World Vision. Which means that our hall is decorated with poverty statistics on cradboard boxes. The kids also made some neat projects out of cardboard that are hanging from the ceiling. I will have to post photos of that as well. I am super stoked about that too. The third graders really seem to be connecting with the poverty of other children, and noticing that in Korea they are very blessed to have food, clothes, and shelter. I think it will be a good experience participating in this project with the third grade. I will let you all know how that goes too.
SO as a side note and some random, fun things that have happened lately....#1 two other teachers and myself found a bowling ally (which we have been to two times already)!!! #2 I just skyped my sisters and my mom ALL at the same time. It was super cool having a conference call...so anyways I just thought I would fill you all in. :)
Ok Peace Out and pray for Korea b/c #1 North Korea is being weird these days.... and #2 my city is in a drought so there isn't much water. (A neighbor at the school is providing ANCA with a little bit of water)
I think I am really finished blogging now...I need to go to bed. Good Night!
-Krissy
No comments:
Post a Comment