
I have a lot to tell you all and pictures to share : ) First off my bags did not end up being overweight...due to some expert "Shane packing" as I was checking in at the counter in Fort Myers.
The flight to South Korea from Los Angeles was 13 hours....I slept immediately for nine hours straight. It was a perfect flight! Also on the flight I was requested to taste either octopus or an omelet for my first Korean meal...It was a really hard decision, seriously. However, I was hungry and if I started the octopus and it mad me sick, then I was out of food and would remain hungry....so i decided to go with the boring omelet..which turned out to be a scrambled egg with nothing in it....quite disappointing. I have to say though that the octopus looked really good....like teriyaki chicken.
When I arrived at 5 a.m. my bags were all in one piece and at the baggage claim. I was VERY thankful for that! Joseph In and his wife, Grace, picked me up at the airport....I guess I wasn't hard to miss seeing as I was the only American girl on the flight..not to mention my pile of luggage : ) After they picked me up from the airport, Yoon met us later and we all piled in the van. The traffic was horrible in Seoul so instead of stopping at a restaurant for a bite to eat, we stopped at a vendor on the side of the highway. The vendor made a super good omelet!! I am thinking it might even be better than any I have had in the States! In one of the pictures you will see Yoon eating the omelet, as well as, a photo of the highway where we stopped.
After four hours of traffic....we finally arrived at my two bedroom house. It is white with a pink stripe on the outside. Of course my famous words yet again..."I will post pictures"..I unpacked for a few hours whichwas a bit overwhelming b/c i have two small drawers of a night stand and no closet...together they might make one regular sized dresser drawer. Its all good though because I am using my suitcases to put my clothes in : ) Surprisingly everything is organized!
One of the other pictures you will see is me with Jeff and a shopping cart riding an escalator type thing. (Jeff and his wife, Rizza, are also teachers here) The grocery store I went to is MEga Mart..it had two floors and the wheels of the cart locked when going to the second floor. Its kind of neat! besides the neat elevator the food is quite expensive! Peanut butter is $5 and cereal is $6 and that is only the beginning...did I mention that I have to pay for the plastic bags that the food go into? so next time you go to throw away a publix bag remember that there are people in South Korea who actually have to pay for those things! Feel free to mail some if you like! lol
Last thing and most important is that I will begin teaching English on Monday to first graders who do not know any English...lol this will be very interesting. lol I will keep you all posted with how it goes! I am thinking I might need some extra prayers for Monday....
5 comments:
I'm sorry you didn't get to try the octupus! I'm sure another oppportunity will soon present itself though! :] I will def. be praying for you for monday (which I think may be sunday here..hmm.) and I can't wait till u find out what hello really is in korean!:p
<33333
I'm glad to hear you slept nine hours! Is that a first, haha? Take care, I'll be praying too!
여보세요
(hello)
Hola Krissy,
Welcome to Korea! just kidding...
The grocery store sounds great, but pricey. How's the weather?
Don't worry about Mon. You'll do fine with them. Teaching greetings, colors and shapes sometimes helps as an intro to English time.
안녕
Bye and take care,
Love,
Mrs.S
I am so glad you made it. Sounds like you have already had an adventure. I miss you so much and can't wait to talk to you. Love you bunches.
Hey Krissy, Have you figured what time it is there compared to the time here? I was just wondering if it is Monday already (8:54 pm Sun. here). First graders!! THE BEST!! To begin: Hello, how are you?, I am fine thank you, good-bye. Draw pictures to illustrate each phrase. Choose one color at a time and draw pictures of several things that are that color which they color and repeat the color name over and over. HAve fun!! You will do fine. God is good!
Love ya, Mrs. Stewart
Post a Comment